Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

We had an awesome assembly today at school to honor our veterans. Since we're so close to Quantico, there are a lot of moms and dads in the military. My students also had interviewed veterans in their families and brought in projects. So many of my kids learned new things about their families; it was great to hear.

Anyway- I did zero cooking today... except if oatmeal counts? AND I did help cook an MRE. Yeah, that's right.

One of my student's godparent's came in and brought a few MRE's. The kids had fun eating the cookies and it was cool to learn about chemical reactions (the heating device... I have no idea what it's called). I had a bite of pasta with vegetables... and it was not the best thing I've ever eaten.

Thank you to all  of the veterans who have served our country and continue to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment