Thursday, November 3, 2011

good intentions.

When we had spaghetti squash the other night for dinner, AJ mentioned that he wanted to try it with red sauce.

So we did last night :) I reheated the 'spaghetti' and simmered some marinara sauce on the stove. I wanted something else to go with it, so I decided to make meatballs. AJ and I both really like this recipe. I like it (obviously) for the taste, but I also like that it's called Meatball Nirvana. Can't go wrong! Here's  the spices that the recipe calls for... 


The first time I made these meatballs, I was a little nervous about using hot sauce as an ingredient. They are really good if you follow the recipe exactly, but I have since used a smaller amount of hot sauce. Personal preference :)

Making meatballs really grosses me out. Really grosses me out. I love the end result, but the process.... ew. Because of this, I didn't take too many pictures.


Anyways, besides the gross factor, meatballs are very easy. You mix everything together and then bake. Awesome!  Here's the end results:
and added to the 'spaghetti' and sauce: Yum!

The title of this post is very appropriate. I was well on my way to finishing up making (A HEALTHY!) dinner when AJ got home from work... Apparently, a restaurant dropped by his work and dropped these little beauties off:

Who can resist cheese fries? No human. Definitely not me.

Let it be said that I did have good intentions... that were foiled.

Tonight, I made one of my mom's famous recipes: stromboli! AJ was thrilled, as it's one of his faves. I'll post about it tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment