Thursday, November 24, 2011

cranberry sauce

On Tuesday, we left after work to drive to Florence, SC and we stayed the night there. We woke up at 4 on Wednesday and drove the rest of the way to Orlando, FL. I love Thanksgiving! So excited to eat all the yummy food today!

When we arrived yesterday, I had to bake all of the pies. Just as I predicted, I was super-thankful to have made the apple pie filling a few months ago. I also had the pumpkin puree so the pie making was pretty easy. I'll blog about the pies tomorrow after we actually taste them :)

I used about half the bag of Trader Joe's cranberries for the apple-cranberry pie and then didn't know what to do with the other half of the bag. Then I found this recipe for cranberry sauce and tried it.

It was super easy... You just dissolve the sugar into the orange juice and then add the cranberries! Lovely. just make sure you put a splatter screen (or a paper towel) over the pan if you decide to make it. When the cranberries start to pop, things got a little messy ;)

 doesn't this look pretty?

And then the final product...


I tasted it and it's super yummy! Who knew cranberry sauce was so easy to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment