Monday, November 14, 2011

complimentary

The makings of something awesome.

This school year, I've been working on positive reinforcement with my students. I have a personal goal to not punish the students who don't necessarily need to be punished, unless the whole class exhibits bad behavior.

Anyway, one of the ways I'm doing this is by spelling out C-O-M-P-L-I-M-E-N-T every time they get a compliment in the hallway (from someone other than me) when we're 'traveling' or if someone comes in our classroom. They also can earn one letter if the whole class has excellent behavior. When they spell out the whole word, they get a reward. With me, that usually means sweets! (To give credit, one of my co-workers, Heather gave me this idea at the beginning of the year. Thank you!)

I love baking for people. It sincerely gives me joy. I've baked for my fifth graders two or three times this year and they all want me to bake their birthday cakes. I have the sweetest kids.

They FINALLY earned their 'T' on Friday, so tomorrow, they're getting rice krispies treats!

 I am going to be honest; I love rice krispies treats, but I hate making them. It's too messy and too sticky. They put me in a grumpy mood... until I taste them.

No comments:

Post a Comment