Saturday, November 19, 2011

an assortment...

This morning, my husband (aka the BEST Husband EVER)  took me to Trader Joe's (aka my favorite grocery store EVER). We bought a few things, but I mostly just like to look. They didn't have the cranberry apple pie filling I was looking for... so we got some cranberries and I'm going to try and figure out how to put those in one of the apple pie fillings... we'll see how it goes :)

I also found some of my favorite Christmas cookies... candy cane joe-joe's.... YES, PLEASE.

And then, I found this recipe for candy cane joe-joe's bark. Sounds amazing. I'm going to try and save this box of delicious until Christmas with my Mama's family. I know Lydia will appreciate these cookies.

After Trader Joe's, we also went to Whole Foods, which is coincidentally right across the parking lot. It was my first time at Whole Foods... it kind of reminded me of Wegman's, but much more expensive. We marveled at all of the pretty food there: 
But ended up only buying two bottles of Swedish soda that they used to sell at Ikea but have since stopped. Apple and pomegranate... yum!

And then we came home and had to stop at Food Lion... (three grocery stores in three hours... my dream come true) for milk... One of AJ's co-workers brought in a sweet potato pie a few weeks ago and he's been raving about it since then... he doesn't even like sweet potatoes so it must have been good. Our local Food Lion has had the Mrs. Smith's pies on sale for a little over $3 and I've been looking at them all week... trying to decide if I should buy it...



Well, with AJ with me today, we decided to buy it. We just baked for 30 minutes and ate. It was so good. It was my first time trying it... I'm impressed. I love sweet potatoes in anything though ;)


Yummy! Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment