Saturday, November 12, 2011

cinnamon bun pancakes :)

For the past few weekends, I haven't been able to sleep past 6:30 or 7 AM. BUMMER. This morning, I woke up at 6:40, wide awake. Lovely.

However, AJ and I are part of an planning team for a church event tonight, so I was almost grateful that I didn't want to sleep until 10 because we have a lot to do.

I didn't do any cooking yesterday except for my oatmeal and that MRE, so I was yearning to do something. I found a recipe for cinnamon bun pancakes yesterday on Pioneer Woman (my hero!) and decided to try it. So glad. I think this may become a Christmas morning tradition for us... it's that special.

It was also pretty easy... whisk the dry ingredients up:

Whisk the wet ingredients together:

And then whisk them together:

Ladle on to a warm griddle and practice your patience.
While I was being patient, I made this maple butter icing for the top. The powdered sugar didn't mix in as well as I thought it should, but did it matter? NO.

After the pancakes were all cooked, serve them up with lots of the icing on top and a big glass of milk. You and your loved ones will need it.

Side Note: We honeymooned at Run of the River, this amazing bed and breakfast in Washington state. The staff served us absolutely incredible breakfasts with more food than anyone could eat. The inn is small (I think nine rooms) and you eat at 9 AM with every other guest at this big table. It was awesome. Anyways- this breakfast reminded me of something we would eat at Run of the River.

Seriously, if you haven't eaten breakfast... make these.

this is what my plate looked like about five minutes after we sat down... YUM! :)

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment