Monday, November 21, 2011

alfredo!

Spaghetti squash is changing my life. I love having no guilt eating 'pasta' and I love that I can make everything that has regular pasta in it with this magic vegetable. And it tastes GOOD.

We've had our spaghetti now with parmesan & butter, red sauce, and in lasagna. All wonderful. Time to bring out the big guns... Can we do alfredo?

I baked some frozen chicken breasts in the oven (350 degrees for one hour with foil covering: perfect every time). I made a quick alfredo sauce with garlic, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and butter on the stovetop. And I cooked the spaghetti squash in the microwave like I did last time, cut in half with some water inside. 

After everything was cooked, I spread some of the 'spaghetti' into the bottom of a baking dish and then placed some of the diced chicken on top. I poured half of the alfredo on top and then repeated layers. On top of it all, I sprinkled some more parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and fresh parsley. (Side note: Why do the grocery stores sell parsley in such HUGE quantities... who needs that much parsley?)





I baked it for an hour in our 350 degree oven. AJ had two servings... and I think he wanted three, but the promise of sweet potato pie calmed him down ;)


Seriously... so yummy. Try it :)  Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment