Wednesday, November 2, 2011

more pumpkin love. ♥

so... after freezing some for pies at Thanksgiving, the rest of the pumpkin puree went to a few good causes:

  1. I mixed some with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and put in the fridge to mix in with my usual oatmeal for breakfast.
  2. I gave a spoonful to each of my cats, if we're going to be honest. Did you know that pumpkin is really good for kitties? They really like it, too.
  3. I made these DELICIOUS pumpkin cookies. They're very soft and go amazing with a hot cup of coffee... trust me, I know. I tried it. Multiple times.
I used this recipe. I tweaked it a little bit... more vanilla and more nutmeg just because I love both of those things.

Anyways... the cookies were amazing. AJ and I have different tastes, so the things I love are often things he thinks are good, but not outstanding. It goes the other way as well. Point is: we both really liked them, so they must be to-die-for. ;)

He had a meeting with his staff at work today and took some for everyone. I was thankful for that, because I can eat a lot of cookies... especially if I have a lot of coffee :)


Hope you all had wonderful days! Today was an up-and-down day, all day long... those days make me so thankful that my God is stable, unmoving, and faithful. 

1 comment: