Saturday, December 10, 2011

western style omelettes

AJ and I are really into the weekends. I know this 'season' of our marriage will not last forever: no kids to worry about (unless you count our cats), and jobs that allow us to be off on the weekends (most of the time!).

I cherish the weekends: waking up 'late' (usually around 7), making a big breakfast, easing into our day slowly. We choose what to do... which is sometimes nothing. Today, we are heading to Williamsburg because we got a great deal on tickets. Neither of us have ever been, so we jumped at the chance.

I made that salsa from my BRAND NEW food processor this week and it was so delicious. We didn't make much because tomatoes are not really in season right now, thus they are expensive.

We ate quite a bit of salsa with tortilla chips, but we still had a little bit left. I decided to make western-style omelettes for dinner with it. YUMMY.

P.S. We love brinner (breakfast for dinner)

I sauteed some onions, peppers, and chiles for several minutes until they were soft and starting to caramelize.

In comes the eggs! I just mixed (I think four?) eggs with 1/4 cup of water. My Grandpa told me when I was starting to cook eggs (probably when I was 12 or 13) that it didn't matter if you chose water or milk to add to scrambled eggs. No one can tell the difference. So, since then... I've always used water.

When the eggs started to solidify, I tried to flip them over all together. FAIL. But... you know what? My husband doesn't care that his omelette isn't perfect so I went with it.

I shredded some colby jack cheese and added some salsa and more chiles to the top before I attempted to flip it over.


Yummo! Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment