Monday, December 5, 2011

cinnamon sugar popcorn

I have become a wee bit obsessed with making popcorn. It's my new favorite snack.

I found a recipe the other day for cinnamon sugar popcorn and had to try it quickly! It did not go as well as planned.

The recipe went well... for a while.

You start off by melting some butter and then stir the sugar in (I also added a tiny bit of vanilla). After it's dissolved, you put the corn kernels in and wait for them to pop.
At this point in the recipe, my kitchen smelled amazing. The sugar and the butter mixed with a teeny bit of vanilla... YUMMMM.

Here's the problem: I think I had the stove temperature too low as the popcorn didn't start popping for a good 10 minutes. That results in: burned sugar.

The non-burned pieces were pretty stinkin' good, though!

 I'll try again shortly and let you know how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment