Saturday, December 3, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Here are the cookies I CAN NOT wait to bake this Christmas (in no specific order):
  1. homemade Oreos!
  2. Real Simple's basic sugar cookie dough (you can transform this into SO many different things)
  3. Spritz cookies: my mama's FAVORITE
  4. Peppermint bark
  5. Andes mints cookies: HELLO!!! I think my daddy will love these!
and obviously, there will be more :)

Happy weekend! The hubs and I are relaxing and watching Madagascar 2. I'm about to make some popcorn!

1 comment:

  1. How about Snowballs?!! Thanks for sending me that link for them, but seriously, when I read your list of cookies you want to make, I was thinking you must have forgotten snowballs. I guess you remembered them today. The only bad thing about snowballs is that the ingredients are fairly expensive: real butter and lots of pecans. Also, they have lots of calories I suppose. After reading your blog, I was reminded of the first Christmas Daddy and I were up at Buena Vista. I was teaching full-time, but we didn't have any children yet, so we held this open-house , and I baked at least 8 to 10 different types of Christmas cookies and made some Christmas punch. We invited everyone from our church and many local friends. Everyone really enjoyed it. I used to think I had to bake that many kinds, but with working full-time now, and having so many gifts to buy for my growing family, etc...life gets pretty busy for baking that many types.

    ReplyDelete