Monday, December 12, 2011

Spritz!

I made the first batch of Christmas cookies the other day... and they were SPRITZ. They freeze very well, so they're put away now... These are my mama's favorite, so I'm trying to save them for her!

Mainly because they freeze well... and because I love my cookie press.

I have a Williams-Sonoma press I got as a wedding present, and I LOVE it. The recipe inside the box is very easy to follow and I haven't had any problems with the press working when I've used this recipe. The dough does need to be room temperature... I usually set out my butter and eggs a few hours before starting.


pretty little snowflakes.

Christmas trees :)


Recipe:

  • 16 tbsp. butter (2 sticks!)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 1/2 cups sifted AP flour

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make sure everything's at room temperature!
  2. In your mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed for about two minutes, until light and fluffy. 
  3. Add egg, vanilla, and salt. Continue beating until well mixed, about one minute. 
  4. Reduce speed to low. Add the flour. Beat ONLY one minute, just until blended. 
  5. Fill your cookie press with the dough. Follow the instructions in the box to press them onto an ungreased sheet.
  6. Bake 11-12 minutes until light golden brown. Put the entire baking sheet on a cooling rack for five minutes. Then transfer your cookies to another cooling rack. Decorate as you wish :)

1 comment:

  1. I do love them. But don't save them all for me. My Mom will probably save me some for when we get down there. They are such a good Swedish cookie. Yours look fabulous. I'm glad your cookie-press works well.

    ReplyDelete