Tuesday, February 14, 2012

be mine.

When I was little, I used to dream about the man I would marry... most of the time: he looked like a Disney prince and would fight off monsters for me.

As I grew older (aka in middle school), I began to realize that most guys I knew were not that guy. They were more interested in other things than protecting me. I kind of gave up on the finding a fairytale thing.

In high school, I mainly dated one guy who ended up getting drunk almost every day. Do I know how to pick 'em good or what? That did not end well.

My freshman year of college, I was certainly interested in getting my MRS. degree, but there was no one I really connected with.

The summer before my sophomore year of college, I met AJ. I thank the Lord every day for the blessing he is in my life, and I am so glad that all of my ruined expectations led me to him.

My husband is amazing... he's honest with me. He challenges me, which sometimes annoys me, but I know he sincerely wants the best for me. He cares for me. He protects me so well, and he listens to me. I could not honestly ask for more.

Last night, he made me dinner (he hates to cook), and let me brag: it may have been the best porkchop I've ever had.

Introducing: pesto porkchops and baked potatoes made by my incredible husband :)

are you drooling?

Happy Valentine's Day AJ! I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment