Monday, January 23, 2012

the perfect snack.

In my head, going to Grandma's house means lots of good things: family, Dutch Blitz, bowling, being cozy, and lots of food. My grandma makes these pretzels for us when we go to her house, and my mom has started to make them... and now I've started to make them.

They are my favorite. Although, they're not the healthiest. I probably only have them two or three times a year... but I can definitely see it becoming more often. They are SO yummy... and SO simple.

Don't go all Paula Deen on me. I don't eat like this everyday. I wish I did... but I don't.
You just melt butter and stir in onion soup mix.

Mix the pretzels in!

Bake and done! :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups of butter (that's 2 1/2 sticks, people.)
  • 1 envelope onion soup mix
  • 16 ounces of chunky pretzels (I use sourdough pieces)

Instructions:
  • In a big pot, melt the butter.
  • Stir in the soup mix.
  • When that's blended, I put 1/3 of the pretzels in at a time, stirring until they're coated, and then taking them out and putting them into a 13x9 Pyrex pan 
  • If you have any butter mixture left, pour it over the pretzels
  • Bake at 250 degrees for an hour and a half, stirring every 15 minutes. Eat a piece every time you 'stir' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment