Saturday, January 21, 2012

carmelita bars

I think I've mentioned before that there are several blogs I check daily for yummy ideas, and Brown Eyed Baker is definitely one. A few weeks ago, she posted this recipe for oatmeal carmelita bars... Doesn't that sound DELISH?

I had to make them. I actually had to make a double batch.

The doubled recipe means: 4 cups flour, 3 cups brown sugar, and 4 cups of oats... Imagine me stuffing that in my KitchenAid mixer, praying it doesn't explode. It didn't... just got a little messy ;) My mixer's a champ.

butter and sugar making friends :)
more flour! Yikes!
here's where we got REALLY messy... add the oatmeal and hope for the best :)


They were SO good. I'm not going to post the recipe, because you can go directly to her site... but here's the final push for you to try these:

How can you resist? 

I brought these to several gatherings, and they were a hit every time. So many different flavors... such a good combination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment