Wednesday, March 21, 2012

cinnabon!

A while ago, I found a recipe for "Clone of a Cinnabon" and thought about it for months. I don't know why. To be honest, I have never had a Cinnabon in my life. Not that they don't smell amazing when I pass by the store in the mall or anything... I just never have given in.

Well, because this was my first time making cinnamon rolls from scratch, I waited until I had some back-up. Two weeks ago, an old family friend of Andrew's, Alexa, came to visit. I love Alexa... probably because we are so crazy similar in our likes and dislikes. Very strangely alike. We are going to open a bakery someday... you just wait and see!

Here's the recipe... I honestly can't tell you if they are truly the clone of a Cinnabon... but I can honestly tell you that they were super crazy good!

Start with dough. We discovered the butter works better when you let it get really soft... almost melted. Cold butter = bad idea.
let rise. roll it out. spread with butter. spread with cinnamon & sugar!

roll up, slice into pieces, and place in a greased baking pan. YUMMMMM!
Bake...

And slather with cream cheese icing!
Enjoy while warm with a lot of milk!


We did change a few things... we just used regular dry active yeast and let it rise in a warm oven after kneading. We didn't use a bread maker (I don't own one), and they tasted wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment